Saturday, December 13, 2008

Those Darn Widgets

A lot of people have been downloading my Elements of SEO theme lately and I am very excited about all of the kind remarks I’ve been getting.It has also come to my attention that when people are using various widgets in the theme the sidebars tend to get a little messed up. There appears to be two main problems that I’ll try and describe, just in case you run across the same problem.

1.As soon as widgets are activated through the dashboard, IE6 and IE7 give a little extra spacing/padding to the heading of that particular section. The heading ends up pushed to the right about 15 pixels and doesn’t line up with the rest of the list below it. It’s nothing major, but it certainly doesn’t look right and I don’t blame anyone for wanting it fixed.

2.As soon as widgets are activated both of the sidebars wrap underneath the main content area. Whenever anything wraps its usually because something is too big for the section. Once again the extra padding was making the lists too big for the sections.
It’s always hard to diagnose and fix problems when you can’t replicate the problem yourself. After a few hours of testing I was finally able to see the same problems that others were.

I uploaded Elements of SEO version 1.3 that fix both of these problems. Once again I am super excited that people care enough about my theme to contact me about the problem when they could easily download and use any of the thousand of other themes available.

0 comments:

About This Blog

This blog to dedicated the most peoples that to survive & to fight for our better future.
"If There Is Will, There Is a Way"

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP